Surround yourself with goodness
November 2, 2017
Over the past few weeks I have:
- Listened to Richard Louv in conversation with Andrea Mackenzie. They talked about challenging ourselves, our cities, and technology leaders to be The Best at connecting children to nature. Sounds like a good challenge to me.
- Sat in awe at Betty Reid Soskin when she was in conversation with artist and author Lisa Congdon. The reason for the event was Lisa’s latest book (which I highly recommend) in which Betty is profiled. Betty talked about how ‘age is contagious’ and I can’t stop thinking about it.
- (the pictures below are what I saw on my way home from seeing Betty and Lisa, it was a very inspirational evening!)
- Hiked in the Rocky Mountain National Park in the snow! It felt like we were in a snow globe and it was amazing.
- Presented at a conference about partnerships between Native Americans and land conservation organizations, and, more interestingly, engaged in a conversation with 60+ people about theirexperiences, questions, ideas, and thinking.
And I feel inspired. I feel like there are so many people out there doing really interesting and important things. People are creating, building, restoring, healing, partnering, and caring. I feel connected to my colleagues, and to people who share my values. I am energized!
My advice (not that you asked for it) is to surround yourself with goodness. Go see an author talk. Listen to a podcast that makes you laugh. Attend a conference, workshop, event, happy hour, meeting, whatever that is full of people doing work you believe in.
Subscribers got to see the list of books, podcasts, events, and more that I recommend. Not subscribed? Do so now!